Go to Library Homepage Find books, DVDs, music and more

Friday, November 9, 2007

Poetry Fridays: Once I Ate Pie

Dog lovers should check out this book, Once I Ate a Pie by Patricia MacLachlan and Emily MacLachlan Charest. This "dog approved" poetry book has poems named after each dog's life and personality type. It has wonderful illustrations (just look at the cover, isn't the dog so adorable) that look so realistic. Here's a sample of a poem from the book.

Mr. Beefy

I am not thin, but I am beautiful.

When no one is looking, I steal tubs of butter off the table.

I take them to the basement to eat in private.

Once I ate a pie.

Please click here to reserve this item. A friendly reminder that the Palo Alto City Library will be closed on Sunday, November 11 and Monday, November 12 in observance of Veteran's Day.

No comments: