Go to Library Homepage Find books, DVDs, music and more

Monday, December 15, 2008

And the Rain, Rain, Rain Came Down, Down, Down...

Whenever there's a big storm or a lot of rain outside I always think of the Disney movie Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. The scene where Pooh floats down the river with his top half stuck inside a honey pot is so funny! Today I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite rainy day books and movies. These make me feel warm and cozy, and make the time fly by. Enjoy! (to place a hold on any item just click on the title)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: This DVD is one of my favorites. It includes all of Disney's Winnie the Pooh adventures, including Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. I think that Sterling Holloway, as the voice of Winnie the Pooh, is one of the best voice actors ever.

The Mole Sisters and the Rainy Day: This tiny little picture book is so cute! The two mole sisters are concerned when their burrow develops a leak, but they convince themselves that the rain can't last forever. Or can it?
a
a
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing: Whenever I need a book to make me laugh on a cold day this is the one I choose. Judy Blume's first book about Peter, Fudge, and the rest of the Hatcher family is hilarious.
a
a
a
a
a
Also try: The Ultimate Indoor Games Book. It's filled with simple games and activities to keep the kids busy all day.

No comments: