Go to Library Homepage Find books, DVDs, music and more

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cozy Crafts

As we head into the coldest months of the year, I find that there's nothing more soothing to me than curling up on the couch with a cross-stitch project. When I was a little girl my grandmother taught me to sew and cross-stitch, and I am so glad now that I have these skills. My grandmother's sewing knowledge was a gift I was happy to receive!

If you'd like to teach your children or grandchildren how to sew, but aren't quite sure how to go about it, try some books from the library. We have several that are meant to help beginners learn the basics of sewing. A few are listed below. And if you have a really little one who isn't quite ready for a needle and thread yet, try this cute No-Sew Fleece Pillow at FamilyFun.com. The only skill required is knowing how to tie knots!









Simply Sewing, by Judy Ann Sadler






a
a









No comments: