Go to Library Homepage Find books, DVDs, music and more

Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Friday and That Means Poetry!


When new books come to the library we get a chance to preview them before they make it to circulation. A few day ago a new poetry book caught my eye that I'm anxious to share with you. It's called, Shout! Little Poems That Roar and is filled with great rhymes and wonderful illustrations of googily eyed kids. The bright colors make every page exciting and fun to look at and the poems are sometimes silly, but each one has a whole lot to say! My favorite, of course, is:

The Library Cheer.


Books are good!

Books are great!

I want books!

I WILL NOT WAIT!

Bird books,

Bug books,

Bear books too,

Words and pictures

Through and through.


Everybody give a great big shout out for BOOKS!!

No comments: